Thursday, September 30, 2021

Review 255: Turbulence

Turbulence Turbulence by David Szalay
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



This is a short book made up of short stories. The stories are connected, slightly, and that was what drew me into reading this book. It is well written but like many short story collections, I wanted more.

The characters are drawn up quickly, you fall into their lives, then they are gone. Well, not entirely as each story has two main people in them, and you follow one of them to the next story with another person. They are connections.

Connections much like at airports when flying. In fact, each story starts with the airport codes from – to, and a third if there is a connection, as each is traveling to another location as well, Hong Kong is one of the most frequent.

I listened to the audiobook which was narrated quite well. But the airport codes were too quick for me to catch which cities are involved. In print that would be easier to deal with.

I enjoyed this, yet left wanting more.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts