Saturday, July 25, 2026

Review 719: White Teeth

White Teeth White Teeth by Zadie Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



An extensive book about two, then three families. The book is written with heavy amount of humor, tongue-in-cheek and outlandishness. This over-the-top style didn't vibe with me.

The first half or so of the book would jump from one person to the next without a seeming plot, so it was hard to get placed within the book. By the time the plot came out it was just ridiculous, and I could hardly care anymore.

I will say for a first book it is well done, there is writing skill. It just wasn't for me. I've had this book sitting on my shelf for so long, thinking I'd enjoy it more. At least I finally got to reading the book.

Book rating: 2.5 stars.
rounded up for the writing skill

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts