Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Review 492: The Kept Woman

The Kept Woman The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is not typical reading genre for me. A police procedural, and book 8 in a series, I have not read the previous. It didn't seem to matter this is the middle of a series as the book covered background material on the main characters. That made me wonder if it was annoying to people who have read the previous as that may be repeated info.

The book was okay, but it isn't something I'm going to read further in the series. I tend to not want to spend my reading time in the darker side of things, with murder, rape, child abandonment and so forth. (although a book here or there from time to time does come up.)

I was got a copy of this book at a library conference, and I could have just given it away or something, but decided to see what Slaughter's writing was like. I think she has a lot of fans. I also heard her speak and she's quite funny. This humor didn't really come out in this book. I may read another of her books, or more likely not, but at least now I know her writing.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts