Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Review 491: I'd Rather Not

I'd Rather Not I'd Rather Not by Robert Skinner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is a delightfully short book of autobiographical essays filled with humor. The author is Australian so most locations mentioned were lost on me. Exaggeration is used most often to make the humor, but in the end not sure what the purpose of the collection. Perhaps since he was part of a group that ran a short story magazine for a while, the only one in Australia.

It could be a good breather book in between long serious ones. I really was in the mood for something short, didn't know how quick that would go. The author said the first thing he was happy about the book was the length and I would agree with that. Probably a book better read via audio instead of print like I did.



Initial quick review:

A short book of autobiographical essays from Australia. Places names (usually) I had no idea where they were. They were filled with humor but in the end not sure what the purpose of the collection. The author himself said the first thing he is happy about the book is the length and I'll agree with that.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts