Sunday, January 1, 2023

2022 Year in Review: Summation and Statistics - facts and details


2022 Year in Review post will be about the numbers.


Books read: 87
including 4 partial read books.

A considerable decrease from the year, well several last.

I had ambitious goals for 2022 and only achieved two of them. The main goal of reducing my owned books backlog failed. The last two months I went on a bit of a book buying spree. Most were books on my to-read list, but did not own. So, it doesn’t feel like a complete failure, but now I have quite a few books with no bookshelf space. 😞


Numbers: as of Dec.31, 2022

Own-to be read total: 1,053

  • 📘 Print books: 688
  • 🎧 Audio books: 142
  • 💻 eBooks: 223

The only format that was reduced overall was eBooks. Well, there’s always next year.


2022 goals:  - How did I do?

  • 📚 At least one book from each shelf I own. (28 shelves) ❌ Read from 15
  • 📚 Clear out the backlog from netGalley (around 30 books) ✔️ complete
  • 📚 Read at least 12 books from owned audio books (mainly audible) ❌Read 7
  • 📚 Read at least 1 book from my Nook (prefer to read 6) ✔️ Read 4
  • 📚 Overall gain less new books in the year than I read (net zero/negative) ❌ fail
    • Total gain: 12


Some of the books on the to read pile I'd like to read carried over from prior years:

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts