Sunday, January 26, 2020

Review 104: Volume Control: Hearing in a Deafening World

Volume Control: Hearing in a Deafening World Volume Control: Hearing in a Deafening World by David Owen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fantastic book all about hearing. The author, David Owen did an excellent job with research and writing. While the book does not go into far depth, it does cover many aspects. We also get Owen's own personal experience with family member's hearing issues, and his own.

Nearly each chapter in reading I felt like saying, oh this is my favorite chapter. I did this several (many) times. It's hard to pick which section and information I found most fascinating or helpful.

The one thing that I felt was lacking in the book was having a section for more in-depth research or the references that Owen used, besides talking with other people. There are chapter by chapter notes, but a suggested reading list would been a great addition.

All in all a book well worth reading, and for anyone and everyone.


No comments:

Previous Popular Posts