Monday, October 21, 2019

Review 80: The Flicker Men

The Flicker Men The Flicker Men by Ted Kosmatka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a somewhat decent science novel that became a thriller. At that point it also became a little odd, introducing characters that weren't of this "world." Some parts I had really suspend the believably factor. (Categorizing for my gr shelves me has been difficult.)

There were parts that become predictable to all thriller type, running away from the bad guys who seem to be from a shadow organization with all of the abilities, money, etc at their disposal. No way that our main character could fight against them, there is nowhere to hide, and yet...

Well, anyway, I enjoyed the story and the physics and intrigue. The first part of the book is the better written part. And I was disappointed by the ending, yet the book was better than many. I would look for another book by the author, especially if it has a science "problem" at it's core.

I listened to the audiobook and enjoyed the narration.


No comments:

Previous Popular Posts