Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Review 83: Life Undercover

Life Undercover: Coming of Age in the CIA Life Undercover: Coming of Age in the CIA by Amaryllis Fox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was amazing, or I should say Amaryllis Fox's life was amazing! (at least the first part.) After reading the book I know she will go on and do more great things for the world.

The book was very readable, and felt like a thriller at times. And with thrillers, there is a lack of character development as it slows down the story. Here I wanted it to slow down and provide us more. I wanted more of her personal relationships, particularly with the husbands, and why with the second one they chose to have a child when their lives are in constant danger. I wanted to know more about her relationship with her mother, as Fox kept coming back to words her mother said or wrote to her, and how that shaped Fox's life. This book was too short. I don't say that often, but this book did need to have more.

Despite the places that needed more, I was blown away by this book. It opens your eyes to the work that is being done to make everyone safer in the world, not just American's but every human being.



Thanks to Knopf Publishers for an advance review copy of this book.


No comments:

Previous Popular Posts