Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Review 727: On the Calculation of Volume III

On the Calculation of Volume III On the Calculation of Volume III by Solvej Balle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The book is the third in the series, and following the pattern begins just after the previous book. I still feel like these books would have been better in one longer work instead of splitting these into smaller parts.

Tara Selter is still repeating the same day of November 18, but now she is not alone. She writes about how they met and what they spoke about when they first met, and much more. There is quite a lot going on in this volume.

There is a section here that repeats part of her pattern in the first book. I thought this lagged the story slightly, but it was entirely understandable.

It's hard to describe what the content is without spoiling the plot, and the discovery of what happens is one of the main draws for me in reading these books. I cannot help but wonder what will happen next.

I have noticed that the translator had changed with this third book from Barbara Haveland to Sophia Hersi Smith and Jennifer Russell. The quality of the writing is similar, and I could not really tell there was a change other than it was stated in the book. Although, I cannot help but wonder why there was this change.





Previously Read books in series:

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts