Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Review 499: The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver

The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver by Shawn Inmon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What if you had a chance to relive your life with keeping the knowledge you already have? This is the premise of this book, and series. This first book introduces the world-building, which is not much different than real life.

Thomas Weaver made a mistake one night, the first time he went to a party with his older brother. His older brother got too drunk to drive and Tommy was not quite old enough yet, but he tried to drive them safely home. Instead an accident and his brother was dead. (This happens very early in the story, so not really giving anything away.) This ruins Tommy’s life until he has the chance to do it again.

It's an interesting concept and the writing was okay. The story line was interesting enough to keep me listening and engaged. Not spectacular, but good enough that I’ve already started the next book, because why not?

I’m not usually one that goes for series, but there are some exceptions. I have the omnibus which is the first three books in one edition. That should give me enough experience with the writing style to see if this is one of those series exceptions for me.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts