Friday, July 26, 2024

Review 501: The Redemption of Michael Hollister

The Redemption of Michael Hollister The Redemption of Michael Hollister by Shawn Inmon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I’m not one to typically read series books, but I do have several exceptions. I typically don’t read one right after the other, but this week I did just that. After finishing book one in the series I dived up book 2.

The premise is that the main character is reliving his (or her) life over again, but retaining the information learned from the first time. They don’t start as babies, but when there was an “important moment” when things started to change for them, that's the explanation given for when they are "reborn".

In this book the main character is someone carried over from the first book, who was a significant character, Michael Hollister. He was not portrayed as a nice person, quite the opposite. So it was with trepidation that I headed into this book, with the title that contained the word redemption, well figured things would go differently for Michael this time around. And it did.

The book is on the short side, but still I got through it quite fast. I have the third book ready to go but that will have to wait. Not sure how many of these books in the series I will read, but I will at least do the next one. If the next proves to be as the first two have been, then this series may be another exception for me.

Oh, I actually ended up enjoying this book slightly more than the first one, and I was worried. Go figure.


No comments:

Previous Popular Posts