Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Review 443: Dying Inside

Dying Inside Dying Inside by Robert Silverberg
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This was on my to read list for a long time and now wish I hadn’t read it. I’m sure there’s a lot going on to dissect and analyze in the text, but I just couldn’t get beyond all the sexism and racism. For being written in the early 1970s, one would think Silverberg could have done much better. Sure, he is portraying a type one could say, rationalize it, but I don’t think Silverberg gets women, so yes, he could have done better.

This is a character driven novel and perhaps written so the main character is seriously disliked, or maybe feel sympathy? Then the writing style is all over the place. One chapter in particular changed point of view way too often: third, to first, to second, back to third, then to first; just all over the place. Ugh! To sum up, this book was not for me.




No comments:

Previous Popular Posts