Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Review 361: Alone on the Wall

Alone on the Wall Alone on the Wall by Alex Honnold
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This is a book about climbing for other climbers. I'm not, and there was so much technical climbing language and jargon it was difficult to really grasp some of these feats. Not sure if the book was for the mainstream or not.

The layout of the book was awkward, with two writers one being Honnold in the first person the other with David Roberts adding in more info or context, although most the time it was just odd. But of the two I like his presentation better as Honnold was deep with the jargon.

Alex Honnold is the guy who was featured in the film Free Solo, which okay I understand that term now, meaning climbing alone without any ropes or hardness, nothing. Maybe I'll watch the film now, maybe.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts