Monday, September 19, 2022

Review 344: There Is Never Anything But the Present

There Is Never Anything But the Present: And Other Inspiring Words of Wisdom There Is Never Anything But the Present: And Other Inspiring Words of Wisdom by Alan W. Watts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Alan Watts is someone I’ve heard before; listened to hours of his lectures and read a few of his books. I was interested when I saw something by him on NetGalley, not realizing it was only a collection of quotes.

While the quotes are good, and interesting on their own, I will say that his full lectures and books are better if you want to understand what Watts is about, his philosophy and take on the world. Also, Watts has a fantastic sense of humor, and it doesn’t seem to come across with these short sections. While I was reading, I had to remind myself of his voice, his way of speaking, then in hearing that I was able to feel the humor and lightness.

The book could easily be read in a day, being small, but I didn't, nor would I recommend that method. These quotes are something to ponder and sit with a while. Good for contemplation, not racing through.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts