Friday, October 22, 2021

Review 263: Mountains and Rivers Without End

Mountains and Rivers Without End Mountains and Rivers Without End by Gary Snyder
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars



Enjoyable poetry book. I could see myself returning to this, reading the poems again and again, getting something new with each reading. At first I felt distant from the text, but found in the back some background information on some of the poems. This helped, it grounded me further in, particularly those where my personal knowledge does not match Syder’s in regard to Japanese or Chinese culture and history. The poems I enjoyed the most conjured up imagery of the environment, mountains and trees, using specific language. And these were most since it is about mountains and rivers.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts