Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Review 180: The Short Reign of Pippin IV

The Short Reign of Pippin IV: A Fabrication The Short Reign of Pippin IV: A Fabrication by John Steinbeck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This was something completely different from your typical Steinbeck. Funny and still holds well to today. Only Kings are outdated! Enjoyable and easy read.

Have to admit one of my favorite parts is the King of France scooting around and the image on the cover! 😄

Also, love the little line drawings that are in the book.


Not serious one bit. Is it making fun of France or the United States, or both?  United States corporations are run like governments, so the book says….or the corporations take place of government is more accurate.

 

Kings are outdated. The world has moved on from a reigning ruler based on heredity.



Read a library book copy, as I bought a first edition of this book in November 2018. The library copy was also a first edition, which held up well to a lot of use. As Steinbeck is one of my favorite authors, and I love the cover, I had to splurge on a 1st ed. of this book. It is in my treasured library. Happy to now have read the book as well.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts