Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Review 43: The Black God's Drums

The Black God's Drums The Black God's Drums by P. Djèlí Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this novella in one sitting. It was the perfect place, on an airplane. Or maybe it wasn't. As the turbulence in the plane seemed to increase when the winds were threatening in the story.

I haven't read any steampunk before, so I have nothing to compare. I don't read very much fantasy either, and this is definitely alternate history, all outside of my norm. Yet I enjoyed the book.

It didn't take long to get adapted into this world, clearly some strong divisions going on. The backdrop is the civil war is still lingering, it's still going on. There are airships and even more interesting personal gods that reside within some people.

When the tale ended I hoped there would be more. The novella can easily be an introduction into a bigger book, or series. I hope Clark continues it.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts