Monday, April 1, 2019

Review 23: Gateway to Paradise: Stories

Gateway to Paradise: Stories Gateway to Paradise: Stories by Matthew Vollmer
My rating: not rated

This collection of stories was not for me. I read half of them and couldn't continue knowing the others were not going to be something I could get into.

How to categorize the stories? I put them into my weird area. They aren't all the same type, as may be true for other short story collections. The first one set the stage for me, a dentist who keeps seeing his dead wife, but takes it further than that, way further. Too odd.

The next story was better for me, and if they were along those same lines perhaps I could have stuck with it. But when the back of the book write up said something that about one story that likely is bestiality with a woman and dog, nope. no. I'm done.

I guess these are considered dark? If so, then I don't like dark.


No comments:

Previous Popular Posts