Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Review 14: Tap Out: Poems

Tap Out: Poems Tap Out: Poems by Edgar Kunz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This collection of poetry may have brought me back to reading poetry books again. I loved this book.

I was drawn to this book by the cover. Those hands. They tell a story that I wanted to read.

These are not your typical poems, they are more prose than not. They are mini-stories. We find recurring characters. This book is masculine. He deals with his Father, Brother, his friends, and we know the person speaking is a man.

This is blue collar working class. This is gritty. This is getting out and moving on and wondering, did you do the right thing?

I loved this book.


Thanks to the Mariner Books/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and NetGalley for allowing me to read an advance copy prior to publication.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts