Monday, February 12, 2024

Review 463: Still Life with Woodpecker

Still Life with Woodpecker Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins
My rating: 2.75 of 5 stars


Fairly disappointed with book. Perhaps I enjoyed this writing style more when I read them many years ago, or I had too much expectation from this book based on previous reading, way back when. Still has that zany humor and a few nuggets were embedded but so much other junk to wade through. I have another Robbins book that I got way back when, perhaps I'll attempt that at some point, but not any time soon.


Skinny Legs and All made me want to write a comparative literature paper, or maybe a critical analysis paper, when I wasn't even taking an English course. It sparked ideas that were brought up in another book I had read around that time as well, but no longer remember which book and never did get around to writing down those thoughts...but here it is years later and I still remember there was that spark. 


Previously Read Tom Robbins books:
  • Jitterbug Perfume
    • (4 stars) March.1994
  • Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
    • (3 stars) April.1995
  • Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas
    • (4 stars) January.1996
  • Skinny Legs and All
    • (5 stars) December.1997


No comments:

Previous Popular Posts