Thursday, September 28, 2023

Review 430: Shift

Shift Shift by Hugh Howey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sure it's been a while since I read the first book in the series. I absolutely loved that book, was astonished by it. Maybe because of the hype and it started out as self-published?

So, finally I read book two, which is a prequel and yes I forgot most the ending of the book, but figured it wouldn't matter being a book that takes place earlier, leads up to the first book. Perhaps. In the end though, this book was okay but not great. Seemed a little repetitive at times, plodding and really long, unnecessarily so. The book also brought up a LOT of questions, so had to really suspend disbelief. If I had started here, I wouldn't continue. But now I'm two-thirds in and I did buy book three, so I'll keep going.

Oh, and I really disliked the ending of this book. But there's more, so maybe I shouldn't think of it as an ending...

Oh, just read there is a movie or series of Wool? Something to look into!

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts