Friday, July 28, 2023

Review 416: How Can I Help You

How Can I Help You How Can I Help You by Laura Sims
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Well, I went through this book screaming fast. I did enjoy it. Perhaps it’s not for everyone, but one of my primary joys of the book was the setting, in a library.

The book is told from two points of view, we start with Margo who turns out just reinvented herself from being Jane, who decided that working in a sleepy town public library was perfect for her. She gets the job and as long as she has her scalding hot bath every evening things are going well, forgetting about Jane and what she did as a nurse.

One day in comes Patricia, filling the 12-year empty reference desk position. Patricia reminds Margo too much of her ex-nurse friend Donna and that rattles Margo. Things escalate when a patron is found in the bathroom stall near death.

It isn’t such a sleepy library after all.


I listened to the audiobook which was done quite well by two narrators, one for each main character.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts