Friday, April 14, 2023

Review 391: This Bird Has Flown

This Bird Has Flown This Bird Has Flown by Susanna Hoffs
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



This looked like a fun book, I guess it was but it confirmed that this genre is not for me. I was attracted to the book as the author is from the band The Bangles and is about music.

The relationship angst is the part that I don't particularly enjoy in books. This follows the standard pattern. What I did like were the music interludes between chapters and the literary references!

There are some well written sentences, but for me the plot is just not my cup of tea. I'm sure people who enjoy this genre will enjoy this book more than myself.

The audiobook is the way to listen, dual narrators with Hoffs being the main character and all the other voices by a professional narrator. Plus all those musical snippets to begin each chapter. Now that part was fun!


Thanks to Little, Brown and Company and NetGalley for an uncorrected electronic advance review copy of this book.

Unfortunately, the audiobook was better.



No comments:

Previous Popular Posts