Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Review 348: Half a King

Half a King Half a King by Joe Abercrombie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Book 1 in the series: Shattered Sea



Listened to this book in two pieces...started it in June, then put on standby for longer than expected, while I listened to some library audiobooks I had on hold that came up. I returned to the book in September. 

 It's a good book, first in a series, and it ended where things are tied up, but yeah, can see there is more too. Not sure I'll continue the series since I have soooo many other books.

The book is a hero's journey type book. A sheltered boy, more like a teenager, who was raised in the castle, his father being a king, had his life turned upside down. After his father's unexpected death his Uncle tried to kill him. Somehow, amazingly he survived beyond all odds for what happened, but ended up being caught as a slave. He was made to row a ship along with other oar-mates. Thus begins his journey back to his home as the rightful heir to the throne.



No comments:

Previous Popular Posts