Thursday, July 28, 2022

Review 336: Fuzz

Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is about the human-animal encounters, mostly when they are nuisance, but sometimes when they harm or kill humans, yeah that's a nuisance. I enjoyed the humor Mary Roach puts into her topic. It helps particularly when the topic is a bit gruesome.

I’ve already found myself quoting how many deaths by animals in other countries from this book! It’s amazing how things are handled throughout the world, different policies in different countries. Mary Roach took on some questionable adventures in seeking the full story, even going where her guides were feeling it was too dangerous. Glad to have gone along the ride while sitting in my armchair!

Although I have to say there were many stunned moments for me, how callous farmers are for birds or other species. Certainly, hope these practices of outright killing “pests” to extension will no longer be the mainstream viewpoint.


This was the first Mary Roach book I read, although I've wanted to read others, happy to have finally finished one.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts