Friday, December 31, 2021

Review 287: Daily Observations: Thoreau on the Days of the Year

Daily Observations: Thoreau on the Days of the Year Daily Observations: Thoreau on the Days of the Year by Henry David Thoreau
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Started reading February 04.  
Had to catch up to the days in the beginning, but by end of month was on track.


Daily entries by calendar date. I read each to match the day, more or less, and starting late. I expected a couple of the entries to mark the holiday, such as Christmas or even Independence day, but that wasn't the case. Some entries seemed like an odd choice.

I picked this up in October 2008. I enjoyed the way I read the book but would not have expected it would take me to 2021 until actually reading it through. I had a great year with reading it.

Overall an enjoyable experience to have throughout the year. I have a journal of his that I'd like to do the same, just read each day's entry as the year goes by. Decided not to do that for 2022, but maybe for 2023.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts