Friday, August 28, 2020

Review 158: With or Without You

With or Without You With or Without You by Caroline Leavitt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I fell for this book. I really enjoyed reading it. It is very much a relationship book. A couple in their early 40's are having the fight, get married, have a kid or not, settle down?  Simon is a musician and has an opportunity across the country, while Stella, Simon’s long-time girlfriend, wants him to give that up and get something more stable, and live a more normal life. The night before he leaves Stella ends up in a coma and Simon must decide if he will stay with her or go try following his musical heart.

Quickly we find the answer to that question. There is such a strong sense of all of the characters, not only Simon and Stella, but also her friend and doctor. I liked the viewpoint of Stella while she was in a coma, then in recovery too. I love the growth we see here as well.


 Something here grabbed more. Maybe it was just a better book than the string I've recently read.


Thanks to Algonquin Books and NetGalley for an uncorrected electronic advance review copy of this book.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts