Monday, July 20, 2020

Review 149: The Refugees

The Refugees The Refugees by Viet Thanh Nguyen
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



The more books I read the less I enjoy short stories, so perhaps my rating is reflected in that aspect. And I would rate it closer to 3.5 stars. I never felt fully immersed in the stories, perhaps that is due to the format. The writing was decent, straight forward. Most of the stories had the theme of children and parents not getting each other, certainly common with immigrants and the next generation.


I listed to the audio book of this collection of short stories. I wasn't a fan of the narrator. Perhaps that did sway my overall rating for this book, but doubtful. Generally I can pay attention to the words, what is being said and not have the narration effect the book itself. Although a good narrator does enhance!  That said, I do not books that start out with ghosts.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts