Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Review 125: Recollections of My Nonexistence: A Memoir

Recollections of My Nonexistence: A Memoir Recollections of My Nonexistence: A Memoir by Rebecca Solnit
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Placing on partial read status for now. Haven't touched this book since: March 16, 2020 at page 90 (35.16%).

The writing is spectacular. I will return to this title once the world calms down a little. I just couldn't continue as for me some of the subject matter was difficult, and with the world also causing a lot of stress, I couldn't do both. I can't turn off the pandemic, but I could pause on this book for a while.

I do recommend this book.

Solnit's autobiography (so far) is exploring the man-woman dynamics back while she was growing up into an adult. It starts as she is on her own in her teens, living in San Francisco. The way men assume so much, especially sexually, definitely not right. It brought up so many emotions and memories of things that happened to me, that happened to my friends, somewhat like her stories.

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts