Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Review 116: Thunderhead

Thunderhead Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



What a book! Often book two in a series is never as good as book one, but this one I think surpasses the previous. I enjoyed the first book well enough, but this one, I very much enjoyed. It does end where you now cannot wait to read the next book in the series. For me, I usually need a breather in between, but I doubt the wait will be very long before getting to the final book in this series.

There was a few moments when it seemed like I knew what was coming next, well almost. Shusterman didn't always go exactly the predicable way. There was enough surprise that made sure the book was exciting. And the action never let up. The Thunderhead is very much a character in this book, and a few times I thought it was telling us too much, but I'm glad we got that point of view. This is not a thin book, but it is a quick read.

I listened to the audiobook and the narration is spot on.



Previous books in Series: Arc of a Scythe:
  • Book 1: Scythe - 4 stars
    • Read June 18-20, 2018
  • Book 3: The Toll - 4 stars
    • Read July 28-August 13, 2020

Read all books in series via audio

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts