Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Review 322: Lost at Sea

Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries by Jon Ronson
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



I didn't enjoy this collection as much as other books I've read by Ronson. All of them have been audiobooks narrated by himself. He has a unique voice, which he does briefly mention in this book. 

Some of these essays leave you with saying, and so?



Part I: Things we're willing to believe
ch.1 - Thinking inside the box
ch.2 - Doesn't everyone have a solar?
ch.3 - The chosen ones
ch.4 - A message from God

Part II: Rebellious lives
ch.5 - I looked into that camera. And I just said it
ch.6 - Have you ever stood next to an elephant, my friend?

Part III: High-flying lives
ch.7 - The name's Ronson, Jon Ronson
ch.8 - I'm loving aliens instead 
ch.9 - First contact
ch.10 - Citizen Kubrick
Part IV: Everyday difficulty
ch.11 - Santa's little consipirators
ch.12 - Phoning a friend 
ch.13 - Who killed Richard Cullen? 
ch.14 - The sociopath mind guru and the tv hypnotist
         ch.15 - Death at the chateau
ch.16 - I've thought about doing myself in loads of times...
ch.17 - The mystery of mingering Mike
ch.18 - You may know me from such roles as terrorist #4
Part V: Stepping over the line 
ch.19 - Blood sacrafice
ch.20 - I make it look like they died in their sleep
ch.21 - Is she for real? 
ch.22 - The fall of a pop impressario 

 Part VI: Justice
ch.23 - The big-eyed children
ch.24 - Amber waves of green 
ch.25 - The man who tried to split the atom in his kitchen
ch.26 - Lost at sea
ch.27 - The amazing adventures of Phoenix Jones
ch.28 - Frank: The true story that inspired the movie

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts