Saturday, January 5, 2019

Reboot and Beginning

Hello Readers,

Time has passed, months and years, and the sands of the hourglass keep dropping until today, here I am writing these few words and you are reading them. The books are continuously being published and some I've had the fortune to get a copy of in print or electronic for free, usually an advance review copy. Sometimes I read books that I've been gathering and purchasing in my own library and there are many that I check out from libraries, either the local public libraries of my community or the academic libraries where I've spent time working.

My first post here on this blog was prompted from a school assignment when I was working on my master's degree in Library Science. I have since graduated and now attend the American Library Association Annual conference every year. At ALA Annual I met publishers, authors, get free books, and learn about my profession with latest trends; also visit vendors that have new products for a better working library. I love my profession, and I love reading.

My goal in this blog is to promote some of the books I read. I've been sporadically writing reviews or notes as I consider it, for many of the books I read. For the most part these reviews are to remind myself of what I've been reading. In the past year or so I joined NetGalley where publishers grant advanced electronic review copies of books to select people to help create hype for a book about to be published.  Since I've joined I've become a reviewer of those books, as well as become a frequently auto-approved from publishers. This means I can add any of the books by these publishers automatically. I'm judicious in selecting these books as each should be read timely and reviewed and I have my own interests, and past purchased books.

Some people, friends and family, have read and enjoyed my reviews. Yay!!  It makes me happy!!  Despite my feeling that I lack writing ability, I've achieved some small success. Those few occasions brought me so much joy and happiness that it makes me strive to write more frequently. Previously my posts on goodreads would automatically connect to my facebook account where it would reach more people. Now this automatic connection is ceased. Manually linking reviews to facebook isn't smooth and the viewing is different, not providing a snippet of my review, instead a description of the book. Not what I want or like. This lead me to pursue the blog route; something I've considered doing that for a while.

My thoughts here may not be polished or refined but they are real. Another goal is to strive to write more readable and intriguing reviews. I mean why not?

Finally, I want to thank you the person who made it here to the end of my long rambling reboot post. I will end by saying if you wander over to my goodreads list of books read and want to read, if there is anything there you wish to know further my thoughts, why the book is rated as I did, or anything, please ask.  I do hope there can be some interchange of thoughts and ideas, book talk. Love it!  And of course, mostly, to read good books.

Happy reading!
pg13Reader
Pamela

No comments:

Previous Popular Posts